We are looking for a highly motivated and competent person to join our business development team. The primary responsibilities of this position will include:
- Writing online marketplace listings (e.g. Amazon, Walmart, eBay, etc.) for different products and bundles of products in a compelling, creative, attractive and keyword dense way.
- Taking the same or an existing listing or product and rewriting it from the perspective of a different kind of customer or market segment
- Editing and reviewing similar listing copy from colleagues
- Generating long and creative lists of keywords to attract more customers
- Creating these listings in full through the back ends of marketplaces, both on an individual basis and by bulk upload through spreadsheets
- Meticulously reviewing bulk upload files to ensure that the correct differences are highlighted precisely
- Continually learning the latest advice and methods related to online marketplace listings
You should be very comfortable receiving constructive criticism and feedback and learning our method of crafting top-selling listings. We are very open to your unique style and perspective and hope to learn from you, too, but this job has no place for egos.
Approximately half of any work day will be spent drafting and editing copy and listings, while the other half will be spent uploading these listings across multiple marketplaces.
This work will be done in a tight operational process that you will be expected to learn and follow carefully. Extreme attention to detail is required.
English fluency with native equivalency is critical. You must be able to compose extended English pros without grammatical or spelling errors with a robust vocabulary and varied sentence structure.
The opportunity for growth here is key. We are looking for people who can embrace this role and these methodologies in order to be trusted to list on their own, generate their own ideas and continue pressing the business forward without supervision. In addition, you will acquire new skill sets related to technology, critical thinking, project management, and more.
Crucial Characteristics of the Right Candidate:
- Fluent/Native English: Eloquent, clear and straightforward in thought and writing
- Disturbingly detail-oriented
- Empathetic: able to think from the perspective of other people
- Self motivated
Other Useful Information:
This position may be anywhere from 20-40 hours a week depending on your availability, interest, motivation and quality of work. The position is work from home and the hours are extremely flexible as long as the work is completed. That said, you will be expected to make yourself regularly available for learning, review and meetings.