We don’t believe you need to be a Senior Developer to find a great job. In fact, we prefer mid-level or junior developers who are eager and able to learn quickly and believe in promoting within.
Our developers primarily work remotely, so verbose communication with the team is a critical every day task. Your enthusiasm and ability to to collaborate with other developers is your greatest asset on this team; not your previous work.
Crucial Characteristics of the Right Candidate
- Have experience with PHP 7, OOP, MVC, Templating, PSR, and definitely xDebug
- Have experience with MySQL Server 5.7, writing complex routines, including JSON
- Know how to use code analysis tools (phpcs, phpmd, linter, etc.)
- Understand behavioral and integration testing, use of Codeception
- Understand “develop first, then write code”
- Have experience writing technical documentation. Able to communicate clearly in written English
- Confidently mastered Git command line and understand continuous deployment
- Bonus: Have experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA Agile/Software, BitBucket)
- Bonus: Have experience with Vagrant private networks (multi-VM per host)
- Bonus: Have experience with AWS VPC, load balancing, auto-scaling, clustering